- 1 Corinthians 6:20
- 1 Corinthians 6:20
- (KJV) For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your
body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
- (1611 KJV) For yee are bought with a price: therefore glorifie God
in your body, and in your spirit, which are Gods.
- (1587 Geneva Bible) For yee are bought for a price: therefore
glorifie God in your bodie, and in your spirit: for they are Gods.
- (1526 Tyndale) For ye are dearly bought. Therfore glorifie ye God in
youre bodyes and in youre spretes for they are goddes.
- Counterfeit Versions
(CSB) for you were bought at a price. So glorify God with your body.
- (NIV) you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
- (NASV) For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in
- (THE MESSAGE) God owns the whole works. So let people see God in and
through your body.
- (AMP) You were bought with a price [purchased with a preciousness and
paid for, made His own]. So then, honor God and bring glory to Him in your
- (NLT) for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with
- (ESV) for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
- (CEV) God paid a great price for you. So use your body to honor God.
- (1901 ASV) for ye were bought with a price: glorify God therefore in
- (NLV) God bought you with a great price. So honor God with your body.
You belong to Him.
- (HCSB) for you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your
- (NCV) because you were bought by God for a price. So honor God with your
- (RSV) you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
- (NAB-Roman Catholic) For you have been purchased at a price. Therefore,
glorify God in your body.
- (NWT-Jehovahís Witnesses) for YOU were bought with a price. By all
means, glorify God in the body of YOU people.
- Textus Receptus - Traditional Text
- hgorasqhte gar timhV doxasate dh ton qeon en tw swmati umwn kai en
tw pneumati umwn atina estin tou qeou
- Hort-Westcott - Critical Text
- hgorasqhte gar timhV doxasate dh ton qeon en tw swmati umwn
- Corrupted Manuscripts
- This verse is corrupted in the following manuscripts:
- A 02 - Alexandrinus - Fifth century
- L 020 - Ninth century
- Psi 044 - Ninth/Tenth century
- 33 (Miniscule) - Ninth century
- 081 - (Miniscule) - 1044 AD
- 104 - (Miniscule) - 1087 AD
- 365 - (Miniscule) - Twelfth century
- 1175 - (Miniscule) - Tenth century
- 1881 - (Miniscule) - Fourteenth century
- 2464 - (Miniscule) - Ninth century
- 2495 - (Miniscule) - Fourteenth/fifteenth century
- Manuscripts which agree with the Textus Receptus for this verse
- Aleph 01 - Sinaiticus - Nineteenth Century Counterfeit
B 03 - Vaticanus - Fourth century
- C 04 - Ephraemi Rescriptus - Fifth century
- D 06 - Paris: Claromontanus - Sixth century
- F 010 - Ninth century
- G 012 - Ninth century
- K 018 - Ninth century
- P 025 - Ninth century
- 630 - (Minuscule) - Fourteenth Century
- 1739 - (Minuscule) - Tenth Century
- P 46 - circa 200 AD
- Published Critical Greek Texts with Corruptions
- Omit ďand in your spirit, which are GodísĒ
- Greisbach, Johann - 1805
- Lachmann, Karl - 1842
- Tischendorf, Constantine - 1869
- Tregelles, Samuel - 1857
- Alford, Henry - 1849 revised in 1871
- Wordsworth, Christopher - 1856 revised in 1870
- Westcott and Hort - 1881
- Weiss, Bernhard - 1894
- Nestle - 1927 as revised in seventeenth edition in 1941
- Nestle-Aland - 1979 - Twenty Sixth Edition
- Nestle-Aland - 1993 - Twenty Seventh Edition
- United Bible Societies - 1983 - Fourth Edition
- Affected Teaching
- The omitted part is definitely a Gnostic attack on the doctrine of the
Holy Spirit. The omitted part teaches us that the Holy Spirit indwells the
true believer. The Gnostics did not believe that the Spirit of God could
dwell in filthy flesh so they rejected the idea of the indwelling of the
Holy Spirit. The omission in this verse is another proof of their rejection
of the spirit world. Alexandria, Egypt was the hotbed of Gnosticism and if
you will notice the first manuscript to reject this part of the Scripture
was the Alexandrinus manuscript which came from Alexandria, Egypt. Two of
the most famous Alexandrian Gnostics were Clement of Alexandria and
Adamantius Origen. No way was Origen a great church father because it was
under his tutelage that the manuscripts from Antioch were corrupted. Yet,
the modern scholar believes and teaches that Origen was a great Christian
and church father and because of that they base their modern versions on his
work. Over the past three years we have seen the results of his work that it
was nothing but an attack on the truths of Scripture. Once again, by using
the King James Bible we avoid all the corruption that Satanís minions have
thrown into the mix. There is no one more confused in the body of Christ
than a Christian who believes they can use a few modern versions to
understand Godís Word. How many of us would like to undergo surgery by a
surgeon who read books in school according to the same way they corrupt the
Bible? Would it give you confidence in that surgeon knowing that the part of
the book which describes your problem was omitted? He who has ears to hear!