The N. I. V. INFECTION
By Pastor Dewey W. Williams (1995)
Belle Meadows Baptist Church, 619 Wagner Road, Bristol, Virginia 24201 703-669-4023
Published by , Mainville Baptist Church
57 East Foster-Maineville Road - Maineville, Ohio 45039 (513) 683-6708
IntroductionThis work of exposing the new versions comes from convictions I established in the late seventies while I was still a member of the United Methodist Conference. In 1979, I was sent to Athens Tennessee to complete a conference course to obtain a local pastor's license. Many of the young preachers, if not all of us, had brought our KJV Bibles with us. One of the leading conferences speakers told us to get rid of those old, outdated King James Bibles and to get something up dated. During a break in our classes, I entered a small Bible book store and I purchased two books that God used in my life. One book was by Dr. John R. Rice on the lodge. God used that booklet to open my eyes to the danger of the lodge, and in 1980, I demitted from the lodge. The other book was titles, God Only Wrote One Bible by James Jasper Ray. This brother pointed out how Westcott and Hort used a corrupted Greek text to translate the Revised Version. One night after I came home, I had my wife bring me her New American Standard Bible. I couldn't believe that whole verses were left out and changed. Nearly 200 omissions and changes in the N.A.S.V. shocked both my wife and myself. God used that to give me a conviction that out beloved KJV is the Word of God. As the years progressed, I believe evermore that Satan is behind the modern translations. The once great soul winning denominations have been reduced to social clubs by means of modernist translations that question every important doctrine, needed to get to heaven. God gave me these convictions many years before I ever heard the name Peter Ruckman. Many today want to label every King James Bible Man to be in some far out circle or fellowship. This work on the NIV is a work of faith and labor of love. I want every believer to be equipped for the ever present battle and to have victory over Satan. Oh, that God might use this material to aid God's people to victory in their lives. This is my goal and desire.
The NIV INFECTION
Let's consider some important doctrinal truths that are attacked by the NIV. You should note that most of these omissions are found in the other new versions also, if you want to compare. The NIV even refutes the idea that the Bible is the preserved, inspired, Word of God. Note:
Psalms 12:6-7 (KJV) The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. 7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
Psalms 12:6-7 (NIV) And the words of the LORD are flawless, like silver refined in a furnace of clay, purified seven times. 7 O LORD, you will keep us safe and protect us from such people forever.
Can you see how the meaning is completely corrupted by this supposed improved "Bible". Dear friend, God has a warning to anyone who would dare change His Word.
Revelation 22:18-19 (KJV) For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Revelation 22:18-19 (NIV) I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
You will note, they change book of life to tree of life (what part would we even have in the tree of life?), then they confuse the last part of the verse, by dropping "and" and running the verse together, it is weakened. The warning is weakened. This is what the NIV is all about. It corrupts, omits, weakens and changes God's inspired word. I pray that this study will be used of God to give you a conviction concerning the Word of God. I don't know where anything is improved or fortified in the NIV. Here is a good question. Why would you want to use a single shot 22, when the enemy is using a M-16? Not me! Give me a real rifle and the right ammo for the battle. A. The Deity of Christ is Clearly Attacked.
1. By changing "God" to "He" they remove the fact that Jesus is God. This is done in the NASV also.
1 Timothy 3:16 (KJV) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
1 Timothy 3:16 (NIV) Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great: He appeared in a body, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.
2. By changing "Christ" to "God" they deny that Jesus is God.
Romans 14:10 (KJV) But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. Romans 14:12 (KJV) So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
Romans 14:10 (NIV) You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat. Romans 14:12 (NIV) So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.
3. They change "Son of God" to "Son of Man", who gave them the right to call Jesus a liar?
John 9:35 (KJV) Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?
John 9:35 (NIV) Jesus heard that they had thrown him out, and when he found him, he said, "Do you believe in the Son of Man?"
4. In Matthew 9:18, Matthew 20:20, and Mark 5:6 "Worshipped" and "Worshipping" is changed to "knelt down". This removes the due respect of our Saviour.
5. Jesus is eternal, He did not have an origin.
Micah 5:2 (KJV) But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.
Micah 5:2 (NIV) "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times."
6. Again, Jesus is eternal, He is the beginning and ending.
Revelation 1:8 (KJV) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Revelation 1:8 (NIV) "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."
7. The NIV omits the first part of the verse, and leaves out the name Jesus, who is called the Son of God by these devils.
Matthew 8:29 (KJV) And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?
Matthew 8:29 (NIV) "What do you want with us, Son of God?" they shouted. "Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?"
8. NIV leaves out Jesus.
Matthew 16:20 (KJV) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.
Matthew 16:20 (NIV) Then he warned his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Christ.
9. They omit Christ and add man - this is wrong!
John 4:42 (KJV) And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.
John 4:42 (NIV) They said to the woman, "We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world."
10. Where did this name for God come from "One" - this is the New Age universal god - "the One".
John 6:69 (KJV) And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.
John 6:69 (NIV) We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God."
11. NIV Omits Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 16:22 (KJV) If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.
1 Corinthians 16:22 (NIV) If anyone does not love the Lord--a curse be on him. Come, O Lord !
12. NIV omits by Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 3:9 (KJV) And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
Ephesians 3:9 (NIV) and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things.
13. When did God cease to be wise?
1 Timothy 1:17 (KJV) Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
1 Timothy 1:17 (NIV) Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
14. Omits by himself.
Hebrews 1:3 (KJV) Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Hebrews 1:3 (NIV) The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
15. The NIV attacks the priestly order of Jesus!
Hebrews 7:21 (KJV) (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec:) Hebrews 7:21 (NIV) but he became a priest with an oath when God said to him: "The Lord has sworn and will not change his mind: 'You are a priest forever.'"
16. The NIV changes Lucifer's name to "morning star."
This shows how insidious the NIV corruption is. Remember that this is one of the blessed titles given to our Lord Jesus in (Revelation 22:16). Here they provide confusion between who Satan is and who Jesus is. One thing is for sure, Satan is not the bright and morning star, but the wicked evil deceptive one, who was called before his fall, "Lucifer".
Isaiah 14:12 (KJV) How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! Isaiah 14:15 (KJV) Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
Isaiah 14:12 (NIV) How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! Isaiah 14:15 (NIV) But you are brought down to the grave, to the depths of the pit.
Note: At least 70 times, the NIV omits GOD! * Jesus - 15; Christ - 25; Lord - 16; God - 13.
*Somebody must not like Jesus, Christ, Lord, and God.
B. The Virgin Birth.
1. The NIV removes "firstborn" - questions the virgin birth!
Matthew 1:25 (KJV) And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.
Matthew 1:25 (NIV) But he had no union with her until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.
2. The NIV changes "Joseph" to "the child's father" - questioning the virgin birth!
Luke 2:33 (KJV) And Joseph and his mother marvelled at those things which were spoken of him.
Luke 2:33 (NIV) The child's father and mother marveled at what was said about him.
3. The NIV changes "Joseph and his mother" to "his parents" which attacks the virgin birth.
Luke 2:43 (KJV) And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it.
Luke 2:43 (NIV) After the Feast was over, while his parents were returning home, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem, but they were unaware of it.
4. The NIV changes "only begotten of the Father" to "One and Only" which is a New Age title for some cosmic god.
John 1:14 (KJV) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
John 1:14 (NIV) The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
5. Notice the NIV omits "Christ" and "is come in the flesh". This is important to us who are saved.
1 John 4:3 (KJV) And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
1 John 4:3 (NIV) but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.
C. The Atoning Death of Christ.
1. The NIV Omits over half of the verse.
Matthew 27:35 (KJV) And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.
Matthew 27:35 (NIV) When they had crucified him, they divided up his clothes by casting lots.
2. The NIV removes the verse (even the Catholic Bible has this verse).
Mark 15:28 (KJV) And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors.
Mark 15:28 (NIV)
3. They omit "they struck him on the face", this weakens the fulfillment of Isaiah 50:6 "I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting".
Luke 22:64 (KJV) And when they had blindfolded him, they struck him on the face, and asked him, saying, Prophesy, who is it that smote thee?
Luke 22:64 (NIV) They blindfolded him and demanded, "Prophesy! Who hit you?"
4. The NIV omits the BLOOD and question the Deity of Christ in these verses.
Colossians 1:14-15 (KJV) In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: 15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Colossians 1:14-15 (NIV) in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. 15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
D. The Resurrection of Christ.
1. This Omission attacks both the Virgin Birth and Resurrection of our Lord. Without the resurrection, we have not hope of eternal life.
Acts 2:30 (KJV) Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Acts 2:30 (NIV) But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that he would place one of his descendants on his throne.
2. The NIV omits "of the dead".
This brings in question the power of God in resurrection. Many cultists teach that Jesus was not raised in a physical body. The "New Bibles" give these false doctrines aid and comfort.
Acts 24:15 (KJV) And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.
Acts 24:15 (NIV) and I have the same hope in God as these men, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked.
3. The NIV omits "him that liveth for ever and ever". Jesus said "I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death." Revelation 1:18
Revelation 5:14 (KJV) And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.
Revelation 5:14 (NIV) The four living creatures said, "Amen," and the elders fell down and worshiped.
Satan hates the resurrection of Christ, and will do anything he can to fight it.
4. They delete the truth that our Lord has a body; this is taught by the modernist, and cults of our day. When Jesus is seen as not having a BODY, He is seen without a resurrection.
Ephesians 5:30 (KJV) For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Ephesians 5:30 (NIV) for we are members of his body.
E. The Ascension of Christ.
1. They leave out "I go to the Father" this attacks the all important doctrine of the ascension of Christ. If Jesus did not resurrect and if He did not ascend back to the Father, then we have no hope of salvation and we have no hope of the second coming.
John 16:16 (KJV) A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.
John 16:16 (NIV) "In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me."
2. They leave out "is the Lord", Jesus is Lord to the Glory of God the Father.
1 Corinthians 15:47 (KJV) The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
1 Corinthians 15:47 (NIV) The first man was of the dust of the earth, the second man from heaven.
F. The Doctrine of the Trinity.
The Devil hates all three of the Godhead. Many references to names of God are attacked.
1. Who gave the translators the authority to change God's name? Jeremiah spoke about so called "Prophets", "which think to cause my people to forget my name" (Jeremiah 23:27).
Exodus 6:3 (KJV) And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.
Exodus 6:3 (NIV) I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty, but by my name the LORD I did not make myself known to them.
Genesis 22:14 (KJV) And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen.
Genesis 22:14 (NIV) So Abraham called that place The LORD Will Provide. And to this day it is said, "On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided."
2. It is apparent that the NIV does not like to use the blessed name Jehovah, why? Is this to accommodate the New Age crowd?
For anyone to alter the name of our God is ungodly and out of Hell. (Of course they don't like HELL either, study on).
Exodus 17:15 (KJV) And Moses built an altar, and called the name of it Jehovahnissi:
Exodus 17:15 (NIV) Moses built an altar and called it The LORD is my Banner.
3. In the NIV study bible I am using, I cannot find one time they use the name Jehovah, why? What is wrong with the blessed name of God? It is the Hebrew.
Isaiah 12:2 (KJV) Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
Isaiah 12:2 (NIV) Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation."
4. These verses teaching the Trinity.
Exodus 3:14 (KJV) And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
Exodus 3:14 (NIV) God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
5. The NIV removes the word Godhead which is a direct reference to the Trinity.
Most every cult I know of hates the Trinity, can a person be saved and deny this great doctrine? in 1 John 2:22 "Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son." We have already seen how that the deity of Christ is attacked, the Fatherhood of God, and we will see how the person of the Holy Spirit is attacked.
Romans 1:20 (KJV) For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Romans 1:20 (NIV) For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
Colossians 2:9 (KJV) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Colossians 2:9 (NIV) For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,
Acts 17:29 (KJV) Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
Acts 17:29 (NIV) "Therefore since we are God's offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone--an image made by man's design and skill.
6. They put part of verse 8 and call it verse 7. This is corrupt and evil.
1 John 5:7-8 (KJV) For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
1 John 5:7-8 (NIV) For there are three that testify: 8 the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.
There is no greater verse in all the Bible to teach the doctrine of the Trinity than (I John 5:7), yet the modern versions omit them, and textual criticism have a heyday with this verse. Yet this verse if found in "The old Syriac A.D. 170, old Latin A.D. 200, Vulgate: 4th and 5th century, Italian 4th and 5th century". Also many church fathers quoted this and it is found in "Liber Apologetic A.D. 350, Council of Carthiage A.D. 415." The idea that the True Word of God was lost for 1800 years, and then found by our Catholic friends, is an insult to God Almighty and His ability to preserve His Word.
7. The Holy Ghost changed ...
Acts 8:18 (KJV) And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,
Acts 8:18 (NIV) When Simon saw that the Spirit was given at the laying on of the apostles' hands, he offered them money
Romans 15:19 (KJV) Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.
Romans 15:19 (NIV) by the power of signs and miracles, through the power of the Spirit. So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ.
John 7:39 (KJV) (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
John 7:39 (NIV) By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.
We can see that they don't like "Spirit of God" or "Holy Ghost", why? Because Satan wants to weaken the Trinity.
8. Looks like they could at least translate this Holy Spirit, but this unholy day hates the Holy things of God.
Acts 6:3 (KJV) Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.
Acts 6:3 (NIV) Brothers, choose seven men from among you who are known to be full of the Spirit and wisdom. We will turn this responsibility over to them
1 Corinthians 2:13 (KJV) Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
1 Corinthians 2:13 (NIV) This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.
9. Again it's meaning is changed.
Romans 8:15 (KJV) For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
Romans 8:15 (NIV) For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father."
10. The truth is questioned !?!
Acts 11:17 (KJV) Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
Acts 11:17 (NIV) So if God gave them the same gift as he gave us, who believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I to think that I could oppose God?"
11. There is a great deal of difference between weakness and infirmity. Infirmity happens because of outside influences, but weakness speaks of one's character. Our Lord was entirely without sin.
Hebrews 5:2 (KJV) Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity.
Hebrews 5:2 (NIV) He is able to deal gently with those who are ignorant and are going astray, since he himself is subject to weakness.
12. Questions Deity !!
Revelation 1:13 (KJV) And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, ...
Revelation 1:13 (NIV) and among the lampstands was someone "like a son of man," ...
Revelation 14:14 (KJV) And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, ...
Revelation 14:14 (NIV) I looked, and there before me was a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was one "like a son of man" ...
Daniel 3:25 (KJV) He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.
Daniel 3:25 (NIV) He said, "Look! I see four men walking around in the fire, unbound and unharmed, and the fourth looks like a son of the gods."
G. The Doctrine of Salvation by Faith. The NIV attacks this most important doctrine. Satan surely doesn't want anybody saved by grace.
1. The Word of God is our authority for salvation and to defeat Satan.
Luke 4:4 (KJV) And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.
Luke 4:4 (NIV) Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone.'"
2. They omit repentance, Satan hates real heart felt, Holy Ghost inspired repentance.
Matthew 9:13 (KJV) But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
Matthew 9:13 (NIV) But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
3. They remove the need for the heart to be converted by simply removing the heart.
Matthew 12:35 (KJV) A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil t.
Matthew 12:35 (NIV) The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him.
4. In John 3, the great chapter on the New Birth, the NIV does much damage tot he doctrine of salvation by faith in the Son of God.
a. They leave out "which is in heaven" which takes from the Lord's deity.
John 3:13 (KJV) And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
John 3:13 (NIV) No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man.
b. They leave out "should not perish" the reference to hell.
John 3:15 (KJV) That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
John 3:15 (NIV) that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.
c. They remove the sonship of the believer - John 1:12.
John 3:16 (KJV) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, ...
John 3:16 (NIV) "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, ...
d. They just keep on changing, and changing, and changing.
John 3:36 (KJV) He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
John 3:36 (NIV) Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."
5. The new birth is changed to a process where you are nurtured into the kingdom. The question, What Kingdom?
John 1:12 (KJV) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his
John 1:12 (NIV) Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God--
6. The doctrine of Salvation by grace through faith could never be clearer than in Romans. Look what the NIV does:
Romans 11:6 (KJV) And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
Romans 11:6 (NIV) And if by grace, then it is no longer by works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
7. The NIV does not stand on the great doctrine of salvation by grace through faith.
The translators were out of "works" backgrounds. The NIV staff was quoted as saying, "A Christian never 'IS' but always 'IS BECOMING'". Notice how they take God's grace out of your heart.
Colossians 3:16 (KJV) ... with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Colossians 3:16 (NIV) ... with gratitude in your hearts to God.
8. Salvation is not a sure thing in the NIV, but rather a process. Notice the change in this verse.
2 Corinthians 7:10 (KJV) For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
2 Corinthians 7:10 (NIV) Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.
9. This omission reveals the blatant design of Satan through the new bibles. No where can you find a more blessed verse than Acts 8:37, that teaches salvation is without baptism or works, and the NIV omits it altogether.
Acts 8:36-37 (KJV) And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? 37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
Acts 8:36-37 (NIV) As they traveled along the road, they came to some water and the eunuch said, "Look, here is water. Why shouldn't I be baptized?" 37
10. Another shocking omission is found in Mark 6:11, this verse teaches the serious result of rejecting Christ.
Mark 6:11 (KJV) And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
Mark 6:11 (NIV) And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave, as a testimony against them."
11. You will find in the NIV that salvation is a matter of obeying and not believing.
Romans 11:32 (KJV) For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
Romans 11:32 (NIV) For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.
Hebrews 3:18 (KJV) And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
Hebrews 3:18 (NIV) And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed ?
Hebrews 4:6 (KJV) Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
Hebrews 4:6 (NIV) It still remains that some will enter that rest, and those who formerly had the gospel preached to them did not go in, because of their disobedience.
12. The NIV also teaches a plan of salvation that not only depends on works to "be saved", but it depends on works to "stay saved".
2 Timothy 2:12 (KJV) If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
2 Timothy 2:12 (NIV) if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us;
13. The NIV reduces our sure confidence to a hope. This sure fits most people who say, "Well, I hope I am saved."
Hebrews 10:23 (KJV) Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
Hebrews 10:23 (NIV) Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.
14. In the salvation of Saul, the NIV omits much from the all important text concerning his conversion.
Acts 9:5-6 (KJV) And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. 6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
Acts 9:5-6 (NIV) "Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked. "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied. 6 "Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do."
They omit "and the Lord said". This deletes the authority of the one speaking. The other omission is the statement "it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks". This is the convicting work of the Holy Spirit. My How Satan hates the convicting work of the Holy Ghost, but without this no one can be saved. In the NIV Saul doesn't call Jesus Lord, why? Because they teach a plan of salvation that consists of a process of good works. When Saul called Jesus Lord, he was saved. That's why Ananias called him, "Brother Saul" in Acts 9:17.
15. The NIV doesn't think much of repentance.
Mark 2:17 (KJV) When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
Mark 2:17 (NIV) On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
What did Jesus call these sinners? Modern man rejects the idea of old fashioned Bible repentance, yet it still gets the job done. Repentance is not some separate act done in a procession of steps, but rather it is the turning from a life of rejecting Jesus and turning to God by faith.
16. The cross is also deleted from the corrupt version.
Mark 10:21 (KJV) Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
Mark 10:21 (NIV) Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
H. The Doctrine of the Second Coming is abused in the NIV.
The NIV attacks the kingdom of God and the coming reign of Jesus. This is done because of the New Age, Satanic doctrine, that the Anti-Christ will win the battle of Armageddon and will rule in place of Christ.
1. Let's consider the model prayer in Luke 11:2-4.
a. You will notice that the NIV changes "Our Father" to "Father", why? Because we live in an age that believes in the universal fatherhood of God, that is "everyone is a child of God". This Devil crowd uses the prayer given in the NIV as a prayer to their father, Satan. They also omit, "which art in Heaven,". We must ask, "Who is this father in the NIV?" They also omit, "Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth". What is the will of God for this earth? It is for the Lord Jesus to return and put all of His enemies under His footstool and for Him to reign in power and glory.
Luke 11:2 (KJV) And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
Luke 11:2 (NIV) He said to them, "When you pray, say: "'Father, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come.
b. "My" to "the".
John 14:28 (NIV) "You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.
c. They also change 2 Thessalonians 1:2 from "God our Father" to "God the Father" in the NIV.
d. This is true in 1 Timothy 1:2, Philemon 1:25; and in Revelation 22:21. The devil hates for us to preach that God can be our own Father, of whom we can cry, "Abba, Father."
e. "but deliver us from evil" deleted.
Luke 11:4 (KJV) And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.
Luke 11:4 (NIV) Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. And lead us not into temptation.'"
2. The NIV continues to eliminate God's Kingdom.
Matthew 6:13 (KJV) And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
Matthew 6:13 (NIV) And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.'
They change "evil" to "evil one", and omit the kingdom, power and glory of God for ever. Why would anyone put confidence in this corrupt NIV.
3. They omit the second coming.
The devil hates the second coming because he knows his time will be over.
Matthew 25:13 (KJV) Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
Matthew 25:13 (NIV) "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.
4. Look how the NIV attacks the rapture of the church. The whole verse is omitted.
Luke 17:36 (KJV) Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Luke 17:36 (NIV)
5. One other not, in the NIV, they change "son of perdition" to "the man doomed to destruction" in 2 Thessalonians 2:3 and John 17:12.
This causes confusion in the identifying of the beast. Also in 2 Thessalonians 2:3 the "man of sin" is changed to "the man of lawlessness". In verse 8, they change "spirit of his mouth" to "the breath of his mouth". Do you think that they are saying Jesus has bad breath? How could the Rose of Sharon and the lily of the valley be anything but sweet?
I. The Doctrine of Hell - how does the NIV treat this all important truth?
Quote NIV editor, R. Laird Harris, "Hell may stand FOR ETERNAL DEATH,". He goes on to say, "It refers to death, not to any punishment." Of course these modernist line up with all the - No Hell cults of our day.
1. Verse 44 and 46 are omitted in the NIV.
Mark 9:44 (KJV) Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mark 9:44 (NIV)
Mark 9:46 (KJV) Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mark 9:46 (NIV)
2. The NIV plays into the hands of those cults who teach the annihilation of the wicked.
The idea that sinners will just be burned up and that will be it. If I were Satan, I wouldn't want people to believe in a real hell.
Mark 9:49 (KJV) For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.
Mark 9:49 (NIV) Everyone will be salted with fire.
At least 36 times in the NIV - Hell is changed.
3. The NIV changes "Hell" to death in these verses ( 6 times ).
Deuteronomy 32:22 Job 26:6 Proverbs 23:14; 27:20 Isaiah 28:18; 57:9
4. They change Hell to "the grave" in these verses ( 22 Times).
Job 11:8 Psalm 9:17; 16:10; 18:5; 55:15; 86:13; 116:3 Proverbs 7:27; 15:24 Isaiah 5:14; 14:15 Ezekiel 31:16, 17; 32:21, 27 Jonah 2:2 Habakkuk 2:5 Acts 2:21, 31
5. The NIV changes "Hell" to "the depts." - ( 3 times ).
Psalm 139:8 Matthew 11:23 Luke 10:15
6. They change "hell" to "hades" in these verses - ( 5 times).
Matthew 16:18 Revelation 1:17; 6:8; 20:13, 14
J. The Area of Sexual Sin is Distorted by this NIV version.
We may conclude that many today who are HIV positive are a result of many being NIV positive!
1. We are to receive those weak in the faith, without receiving doubtful life styles. In the NIV, they completely reverse this truth.
Romans 14:1 (KJV) Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
Romans 14:1 (NIV) Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters.
The world says, "Don't Judge", anything goes in our day, is it any wonder?
2. The NIV omits "fornication" from this list.
Why? The chapter is dealing with the homosexual crowd, isn't what they do considered sexual sin? Did you know that some of the women on the NIV committee are lesbians?
Romans 1:29 (KJV) Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Romans 1:29 (NIV) They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips,
3. "Without natural affection" and "unmerciful" are both omitted by this corrupt version. This would describe this perverted life.
Romans 1:31 (KJV) Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Romans 1:31 (NIV) they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless.
4. Notice the changes made: "fornicators" changed to, "sexually immoral", "effeminate" changed to "male prostitutes", and "abusers of themselves with mankind" to "homosexual offenders."
The idea here is, nothing wrong with being a homosexual, as long as you don't break any laws, such as being a homosexual prostitute or a homosexual offender.
1 Corinthians 6:9 (KJV) Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1 Corinthians 6:9 (NIV) Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
5. Here is a total changing of the text, why? Because the NIV encourages the gay life-style.
Deuteronomy 23:17 (KJV) There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel.
Deuteronomy 23:17 (NIV) No Israelite man or woman is to become a shrine prostitute.
1 Kings 14:24 (KJV) And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel.
1 Kings 14:24 (NIV) There were even male shrine prostitutes in the land; the people engaged in all the detestable practices of the nations the LORD had driven out before the Israelites.
6. This is true in ( 1 Kings 15:12 ), ( 1 Kings 22:46 ), and(2 Kings 23:7 ).
They change "sodomite" to shrine male prostitutes. How would you really know what these "prostitutes" really are, if you depended on the corrupt NIV translation. This so called bible tries to work both sides of the fence!
7. You find they also change the word "whoremonger" to "immoral person".
Ephesians 5:5 (KJV) For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
Ephesians 5:5 (NIV) For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person--such a man is an idolater--has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
1 Timothy 1:10 (KJV) For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
1 Timothy 1:10 (NIV) for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars and perjurers--and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine
K. Prosperity, Health and Wealth Doctrine.
Matthew 6:1 (KJV) Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, ...
Matthew 6:1 (NIV) "Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, ...
Proverbs 8:18 (KJV) Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.
Proverbs 8:18 (NIV) With me are riches and honor, enduring wealth and prosperity.
Proverbs 21:21 (KJV) He that followeth after righteousness and mercy findeth life, righteousness, and honour.
Proverbs 21:21 (NIV) He who pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity and honor.
Jeremiah 29:11 (KJV) For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Who gave these people authority to completely change God's Word? No wonder the "Name it - Claim It" movement is so strong today.
Two Lines of Battle
We have today many new revised Bibles on the market which differ from our beloved King James 1611 authorized Bible. Beginning with the Westcott-Hort resurrection of the old Roman Catholic / Alexander, a manuscript back in the 1880's, we continue to see new revised versions on the market, but these are not revisions of the received text, but rather resurrections of a faulty Greek text that began with Origen and has been protected and promoted by the church of Rome. It is no wonder why many ministries who are so soft on Roman Catholicism are soft on this Bible issue. We want to go back and trace the "Two Lines of Battle" and you must, as a believer, get on one side or the other. You must decide on what Joshua said, "as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." I make no claims of being a Greek scholar, yet before you disregard this important issue, at least study it out, determine for yourself if we can believe the Bible is God's Word. Now it can not be both ways, if the Catholic, New Age centered, modernist Bible is true; then we should disregard our King James Bible, which came from the received text. But if the King James Bible is the Word of God then the other versions that deny the virgin birth, sinless life, blood atonement, resurrection, ascension, and second coming of our Lord; are wrong and a work of the enemy.
I. The Forming of These Two Battle Lines.
A. The true scriptures, where did they come from?
How did we arrive at the canon of scriptures? Five general tests were used for this:
1. Authorship, who wrote them.
2. Local church acceptance, did the early church read and practice them?
3. Subject matter, what did the book teach? Was it a contradiction of accepted scripture?
4. Personal edification, did the book move the reader to a personal faith in Christ?
5. The most important determination was if the book was verbally inspired by the Holy Spirit. we must believe that if God moved to inspire the writers, He also moved to collect and preserve His true Word. All of the New Testament was written in Greek and as soon as the real thing was given, Satan began his work of corrupting God's Word. The men God used to write the New Testament were:
a. Matthew - author of Matthew.
b. Mark - author of Mark.
c. Luke - author of Luke and Acts.
d. John - author of John, 1st, 2nd, 3rd John and Revelation.
e. James - author of James.
f. Jude - author of Jude.
g. Peter - author of 1st and 2nd Peter.
h. Paul - author of the fourteen remaining books.
B. Where did the corruption begin?
1. In the Garden of Eden - (Genesis 3) Satan questions God's Word, denies God's Word, God's Word is added to and Satan changes the Word of God.
2. In the temptation of Jesus, (Matthew 4) we see Satan using the first revised version ever, the S.O.V. (Satan's Own Version). You will remember that Jesus turns back the temptation of Satan by quoting the Word of God. Satan figures he will get involved in the act, so he quotes also; but he likes the NIV, he leaves out part of the verse. (Matthew 4:6) "and saith unto him, if thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, he shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou shalt dash thy foot against a stone." Satan quotes Psalm 91:11-12, but he leaves out part of the verse, the part that says, "to keep thee in all thy ways." Satan loves to corrupt God's Word for his own purpose.
3. The school at Alexander Egypt, this was the place where east and west meet together. The Greek Septuagint was translated here around 280 BC This was a translation from the Hebrew to the Greek, yet it has the strong influence of the Alexandrian School. The modernist, Catholic and New Agers still use this for the basis of the new Bibles. We must now look at the primary characters in this Alexandrian movement, because all new translations have their roots here.
a. In 4 BC Askoka, the emperor of India, sent Buddhist missionaries to Egypt. These men were to infiltrate and influence thought of the day.
b. Philo (20 BC- AD 42) He taught that the scriptures held and occult or hidden meaning. He also expressed contempt for the literal truth of God's Word. We must note that both Dr. Westcott and Dr. Hort were great followers of Philo. He advocated that all religions be under state control and for this to begin at birth. Philo embraced Gnosticism which was greatly fought by the apostles.
c. Clement of Alexandria. Clement started a school at Alexandria in 200 A.D. which propagandized false doctrines. Clement was a disciple of Titan, who came from Rome to Palestine and embraced Gnostic heresy.
[Note: Gnosticism taught that all matter is evil. They held that another god like being created the world. They called this being a "demiurge" and they associated this being with "Jehovah" of the Old testament. since matter is evil, then the creator of matter must also be evil. This produced a great hatred of Jehovah. No wonder the name Jehovah is stricken from the NIV. The NIV has it's root sin Gnosticism, which is the same as our present, "New Age" movement. Back to Clement.]
Clement mixed Christianity with pagan philosophy. He collected and promoted all the outstanding heretical teachers works.
d. Origen, was the most famous student of Clement. he would do more to set the line for false doctrine than anyone else. Jerome was greatly influenced by him as well as Westcott and Hort. He followed the Gnostic's heresy and Plato's errors and went into new areas of false teaching. Origen taught that the soul existed from eternity and that after death, it migrated to another life form. Sounds like New Age to me. He believed the devils would be saved. Of course, a book could be written on the heresy of Origen.
e. Jerome, was the man that Constantine called upon to translate the Bible into Latin, this would be the Latin Vulgate. In 312 A.D., the Roman emperor embraced the Christian religion, after he saw a cross in the sky. This began the Roman Catholic system and their many errors. Constantine wanted to merge pagan religions and Christianity, so he wanted a Bible that would have the New Age favor. Already, in 251 A.D. the sound, Bible believing churches had withdrawn from the coming Catholic church. These true believers kept and preserved the Word of God. when Jerome sought a Greek text, he chose the Origen, Alexandrian influenced text. The church of Rome has preserved these so called "better manuscripts" and they then produced them so the Bible revision could be possible.
II. The Fight of These Two Battle Lines.
From 312 A.D. until now, this battle has raged. Let's follow these two lines. On one side, the Majority text, also called the Received text. On the other side, the Vaticanus, which came from the Gnostics at Alexandria Egypt.
A. The church of Rome will carry out a war on the textus receptus from day one.
1. A.D. 416 - established infant baptism.
2. A.D. 451 - adopted mariolatry.
3. A.D. 680 - sixth council meet to condemn heresy, or to condemn Bible Believing churches.
4. A.D. 787 - image worship.
5. A.D. 869 - split Greek Orthodox and Roman Catholic, with Rome now teaching; no salvation aside from the church, the sale of indulgences, and purgatory.
6. A.D. 1123 - celibacy of priest.
7. A.D. 1215 - transubstantiation, which teaches that the priest has the power to change the host (communion wafer) to the Holy Eucharist (which is the very body, blood and divinity of Christ).
8. A.D. 1229 - forbidden to have or read the Bible.
9. All through these years, we have what is called the dark ages, produced by a monster who is out of control, the Harlot of (Revelation 17). When the Bible reaches the hands of the people, then the dark age gives way to the reformation.
B. We see God preserving His Word during the Dark Ages.
1. The early Syrian Church at Antioch, where the Bible was translated into Syrian about 150 A.D. They used the received text.
2. The Waldenses in Northern Italy, these great believers were hated and butchered by the Roman Catholic system, yet they managed to preserve their Bible, which follows the received text. The Italian (Itala) was preferred by Augustine, which came from the Waldenses.
3. The Gallic Christian in early France, were massacred by the heathen in A.D. 177, yet they sent the records, not to Rome, but to Asia Minor. These gallant believers carried the Gospel to England and Europe. They had the true Word of God from the received text, which the King James was translated from. in the fourth century, Helvious, who was a Waldensian scholar, accused Jerome of using a corrupt Greek manuscript. If there had not been true text at that time, how could these charges have been made? Three famous church fathers, Augustine, Jerome, and Amibrose were accused of uniting together to promote a corrupt Bible that has been promoted by the Roman church ever since. The Waldensian made the way for Luther and the Reformation. The translators of our beloved king James translation, referred to an Italian translation produced by the Waldensian scholar, Giovanni Diodati.
III. The Furtherance of These Two Lines.
A. The Alexandrian text is the foundation for the great whore of Revelation 17 & 18.
1. The Papacy promoted this corrupt bible to hold their people in darkness, this was called the Dark Ages (476 A.D. to 1453 A.D.) and then the reformation began.
2. The Latin Vulgate of Jerome became the book of the Catholic clergy for over one thousand years. Just until recently, they did the mass in Latin, a dead language.
B. The received text is the foundation for the reformation. Let's trace the reformation.
1. Wycliff - translated the Bible in English 200 years before the birth of Luther. He used the Vulgate and it contains many errors. The reformation lingered for over 200 years. Wycliff is called the morning star of the reformation.
2. Erasmus, was the great scholar produced by the revival in knowledge that followed the Dark Ages. This man traveled Europe and studied the Greek manuscripts. This beloved scholar produced the Greek New Testament, printed in 1516. Erasmus held a conviction that God only wrote one Bible. Erasmus is hated by those who hate the received text.
3. Tyndale, William Tyndale translated the Greek Bible of Erasmus into English. The great quote of Tyndale is, "if God spare my life, err many years, I will cause a boy that driveth a plough shall know more of the Scriptures than thou doest." He was burned at the stake but not before he had set England on the path of being the world leader of spiritual blessing.
4. Martin Luther - born November 10, 1483 in Eislenben Germany. He was ordained in 1507 in the Augustinian order. He was greatly disturbed by the abuses, corruption and luxury of the Roman Church. It was when Luther was crawling up the "judgment steps" that God's Spirit spoke to him, "the just shall live by faith"! The cry of the reformation was "sola fide" or justification by faith, and "sola scripture", only the scriptures for authority of faith and practice. On October 31, 1517, Luther posted his ninety-five theses on the door of the Castle church in Wittenbery. In 1520, he was excommunicated by Leo X, this led to a public debate called "the diet at worms". Here Luther refused to recant unless convinced by the scriptures. Luther said he would stand alone on God's Word. Luther translated the Bible into German and he used the received text for his translation.
C. Rome's reaction - lets consider how Rome moved to counteract the reformation.
1. Ignatius Loyola, who founded the Jesuit Order in 1521 A.D. This man was a Spaniard who was a soldier fighting to drive the Mohammedans out of Spain. He was wounded and so he turned his energy to the church. The Jesuits were founded to be the order that would strive to capture the centers of learning and to oppose Bible believing Christianity. These priests were required to take an oath of blind obedience to the church. They are taught to use any method available to complete their task. the Jesuits guided both the inquisition and the index. The inquisition had originated in the thirteenth century to combat the Albigenses. Only God knows how many hundreds of thousands died slow tortured deaths by the means of the inquisition. The "index" was the banned list of books that faithful were prohibited from reading. We must note that the Greek text given by Erasmus, which our King James 1611, was translated from, was on this index. I, for one, would have made sure I read anything on the index of Rome.
2. The Catholic Council of Trent (1545-1563) a. This council was dominated by the Jesuits. b. This council made four condemnations.
Condemned the idea that the scriptures contain everything necessary for salvation.
Condemned the rejection of the apocryphal books as being part of the Cannon of scriptures.
Condemned the study of the scriptures in the original languages. Condemned the teaching that there were errors in the Vulgate (this was the Latin Bible produced by Jerome).
Condemned the idea that the scriptures were plain and that they could be understood without commentary, with only the help of the Holy Spirit. Beloved, and organization that hates the Bible this much, how could we find ourselves using a Bible produced and preserved by this harlot religious system that has taken untold millions to Hell down through the years.
3. The Jesuit Bible of 1582 - remember that Tyndale's version had won great acceptance in England. The Tyndale version was from the Received text, the same that the King James would be translated from. The church of Rome brought the Jesuit bible of 1582 to try to dissolve the moving of God in England. The Jesuit Bible intended to do on the inside what the great Navy of Philip II, was to do on the outside. The one moral attack, the other a physical attack. God raised up the great Puritan scholar, Thomas Cartwright to dismantle this corrupt Jesuit Bible, it was soundly rejected by all. Meanwhile, 136 Spanish galleons were sailing up the English Channel to retake England for the Pope. England with only 30 man-of-war ships and harbor tugs, sailed against this greatest navy ever assembled up unto this time. God granted a great victory and the Armada was crushed. This enabled England to become a sea power and also to become the first great mission sending nation in the world. This is why I love history, you cannot miss seeing the Hand of God. This great victory paved the way for King James, who had succeeded Elizabeth, to authorize the production of the king James 1611 version, called, "The Miracle of English Prose".
IV. The Fabulous King James Translation
A. Translations leading up to the King James.
1. Bede (674-735) translated part of the scriptures in the old English.
2. John Wycliffe (1320-1384) first man to completely translate the Bible into English, the sad note is that he used the Latin Vulgate of Jerome for this work.
3. William Tyndale, Tyndale's version (1525) his work was based on Erasmus' Greek text. He also used Luther's translation. This Bible was used mighty of God in England. Tyndale was martyred in 1536.
4. Miles Coverdale, Coverdale version (1535), was the first Bible printed in England.
5. John Rogers, Matthew's version (1537). Rogers used the name Thomas Matthew, to conceal his friendship to Tyndale. He was burned at the stake by the Catholic church, bloody Mary, in 1555.
6. The Great Bible, (1539), this work was authorized by Henry VIII, because of the controversial footnotes in the Tyndale and Coverdale translations. Due to its size it was called the Great Bible and because of it's worth it was chained to a reading post within the church.
7. The Geneva Version (1557), translated by William Whitting-ham in Geneva. It was the first version to divide the text into verses. It omitted the Apocrypha. It was the Bible of Shakespeare and John Bunyan, and it was carried by the Pilgrims to America in 1620.
8. The Rheims - Douay Bible (1582) was the Bible of the Jesuits, to try to win England back to Rome. This was the NIV, RSV, NASV, etc. of that day.
B. The King James Translation.
1. The Mandate began July 22, 1604. King James appointed 54 men to translate an authorized version.
2. The Men - the translators were the greatest scholars alive and their credentials are very impressive. In the book Which Bible, Terence H. Brown lists 47 of the 54 appointed by the King. Let us never forget that the translation of Westcott and Hort in 1870 was a closed door affair, where the corrupt Greek text was placed above the received text. Also, never forget that every "new" translation has followed Westcott and Hort in their modernist, new age teachings.
3. The Method - the translators were organized into six groups, two meeting at Westminister, two at Cambridge, and two at Oxford. Each scholar made his own translation, then passed it on to each member of his group, and after they had completed their assigned section, it was passed to all other groups. Thus it went through the hands of each of the translators.
4. The Manuscript - what did this cast of great, brilliant scholars choose for their Greek text? The Received text, along with the majority group. We must understand that nearly all of the old manuscripts agree; it is only a very few Greek manuscripts that line up with the RSV, NASV, NIV etc.
5. The Miracle, the King James 1611 authorized version became the greatest Bible ever translated. It has been behind every great revival in History. The Wesley's, Whitfield's, and Spurgeon's all used this Bible with great success. In America, it produced the Great Awakening, under Jonathan Edwards, and the camp meeting movement. God's hand was on this work as no other Bible ever translated. Is there any question as to why Satan hates the King James 1611 Version? The Devil doesn't want people to have a Bible they can believe is without error.
V. Faulty Revision of 1870.
A. The Mandate - some wanted the old words updated and some minor changes. What they got was a subversive, false, Bible that would be the foundation of "textual criticism" which would lead to the self destruction of all the great denominations who used to be committed to the evangelism of the unsaved and the purity of God's people.
B. The Manuscripts - they used the faulty Alexandrian Greek text preserved by the church of Rome. The two main text used were the Vaticanus and the Sinaiticus.
1. The Codex Sinaiticus was discovered in 1844 at the monastery of St. Catherine on Mount Sinai by the German (higher critic) Tischendorf. This text was in a waste basket waiting to be burned. Dean Burgon, great scholar of Oxford, in the 1840's. points out the fact that if these manuscripts had been considered useful to the early church, then they would have been both worn out and recopied for further study.
2. The Codex Vaticanus - believed to have written around 330 A.D. It is funny that this text was not worn out by those early Christians, if this was the real thing. The Vaticanus was kept in the Vatican Library in Rome since 1481. It is not a complete Greek Text, missing are Philemon, Revelation and part of Hebrews. This is not counting the hundreds of changes from the Received Text. The Vatican conveniently allowed it to be used by Westcott and Hort in 1870 to complete this corruption of God's true Word.
C. The Men of This Faulty Bible - the Bible says in (Romans 11:16) "For if the first fruit be holy, the lump is also holy, so are the branches,". We could ask this question, what if the root is evil, doesn't that make the product of the branches evil and bad? This is the clear case of the two men most responsible for all the new Bible versions. When comparing the translators of the King James with the stooges who translated the Revised Version English (1881-1885), it is like comparing brain surgeons to podiatrists (foot doctors). I have never read anything good about Westcott and Hort, a whole book could easily be written to expose these men as rank liberals, extreme modernist, active new agers, and even satanic spiritualist. Both of these men were involved in Mary worship and they were disciples of Clement, Origen, and the like. In G. A. Riplinger's book, New Age Bible Versions, the author provides mountains of documentation confirming that the root truly is evil. How strange it is tome that good Bible believing people would defend and follow these ungodly Apostate teachers. Never forget that the omissions and changes in all the new versions, did not happen by chance, but they have been planned and accomplished by the enemy of all men, Satan himself. Let's look briefly at the new revised translation and paraphrase.
1. Dr. Westcott, hated evangelicals and called them perverted. He was fascinated with Darwinism and practiced kneeling before an image of Mary, and believed in Mariolatry, and the mass. This man was an Anglican priest who was involved in the modern channeling movement. He founded the ghostly club or ghostly guild in the 1850's. This is Satanic and ungodly, yet this man is followed instead of the King James Bible.
2. Dr. Hort, also an Anglican priest who was a Roman Catholic stooge. He also was a rank liberal, a true modernist, and a new ager.
3. J. B. Phillips - who translated "The New Testament in Modern English", and "Phillips Translation". This man was involved in Necromancy (the communing with spirits). On several occasions after the death of C. S. Lewis, the supposed spirit of Lewis appeared to Phillips with a new age message, "I'm O.K., you're O.K., don't worry, be happy". Phillips was stricken with the inability to speak, write, or communicate in the summer of 1861. This has happened to several Bible revisers.
4. Kenneth Taylor, the Living Bible Paraphrase. This work follows Westcott and Hort with many ungodly liberties taken. Taylor even translated profanity into this funny book called by some a Bible. (1 Samuel 20:30) "You son of a __________! he yelled at him". Time magazine, July 24, 1972 "mysteriously half way through the paraphrase, Taylor lost his voice and still speaks in a hoarse whisper." It is a dangerous thing to toy with God's blessed Word.
5. Philip Schaff - American Standard Version. Schaff was another rank liberal, modernist, and heavily involved in New Age teachings. The New American Standard Version and Living Bible, followed the work of Schaff. This infidel made over 30,000 changes from the King James in his revised Bible. He gathered a cast of fellow Bible haters and modernist to translate these new Bible versions. He even had a Unitarian layman active in this work. Schaff was the ringleader of the New Age gathering called, "The Parliament of World Religions". They brought the eastern religions and so called Protestants together with the message, "All in one. Man is Divine". This began the modernist movement in America back in the late 1800's.
6. Edwin H. Palmer - he served as the executive secretary of the NIV committee on Bible translation and as coordinator of all translation work on the NIV. He died on September 16, 1980, but not before he had laid the ground work for the NIV. Mr. Palmer was a liberal who questioned nearly every major doctrine. Palmer was the one who selected the cast of translators who produced the NIV.
7. Ronald Youngblood, quoted as saying, "The Bible is the words of men." How can a modernist be trusted to tell us what God's Word is?
8. Burton Goddard, quoted as saying, "There are mistakes in transmission" (the Bible is not trust worthy).
9. Dr. Frank Logsdon - who lead the translation of the New American Standard Version. He now renounces the work he did in the NASV and said "I'm afraid I'm in trouble with the Lord." He now concludes that a faulty Greek manuscript was used in the new versions. He now believes that the KJV is absolutely correct.
Dr. Steve Harmon, Pastor
Maineville Baptist Church
57 East Foster-Maineville Road
Maineville Ohio, 45039
Printing Ministry, Bible Institute, Correspondence Bible Course Independent, Fundamental, Bible Believing, Soul Winning, Missionary