- In the Mind
- (Col 3:12 KJV) Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of
mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
- If the mind is not humbled, it will be the starting point of pride and will override and
cast aside all the other Christian virtues found in this verse.
- In the Heart
- (Deu 8:2 KJV) And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these
forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was
in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.
- Humility is a testing program which should result in keeping us in concert with God.
- In the Spirit
- (2 Chr 7:14 KJV) If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves,
and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven,
and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
- In Preparation
- (Psa 10:17 KJV) LORD, thou hast heard the desire of the humble: thou wilt prepare
their heart, thou wilt cause thine ear to hear:
- Humility is a requirement in the preparation of any form of ministry. God cannot train
an arrogant heart instead He must chastise it.
- In Dependence not Independence
- (Mat 18:4 KJV) Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the
same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
- A child shows total trust in their parents. If a parent tells a child to jump off a
swing and they will catch them, they will do it without thinking of any consequences.
- In Divine Exaltation
- (1 Pet 5:6 KJV) Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may
exalt you in due time:
- Our great exalting from the Lord shall come when we are gathered in Heaven when we shall
begin to reign with Christ eternally. Revelation 22:5