tineV gar akousanteV parepikranan all ou panteV oi exelqonteV ex
aiguptou dia mwsewV
Hort-Westcott - Critical TexttineV gar akousanteV parepikranan all ou panteV oi exelqonteV ex
aiguptou dia mwusewV
This change causes the modern versions to tell a lie. If you will notice
that the King James Bible teaches us that the children of Israel were
rebellious but the verse teaches us, according to all the information in the
Old Testament, that not every Israelite who left Egypt with Moses was
rebellious. However, the modern versions teach that every Israelite that
left Egypt was rebellious. There was Joshua, Caleb, Eliezer, and probably a
number of others who were unnamed that did not rebel against God. The number
was definitely very small but this shows a great foreshadow that of the
number of true believers which will be in the world at any time. The modern
versions tell us that all were rebellious but even if you find only 3 or 4
who were not, that would negate the entire statement found in the modern
versions and would cause it to be erroneous and would need to be retracted.
As you can see the Greek is the same in both the Hort-Westcott and the
Textus Receptus which means that the translators followed an incorrect
translation leading to a false statement.
- Hebrews 3:16
- Hebrews 3:16
- (KJV) For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not
all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
- (1611 KJV) For some when they had heard, did prouoke: howbeit
not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
- (1526 Tyndale) For some whe they hearde rebelled: howbe it not
all yt ca out of Egypt vnder Moses.
- (1382 Wycliffe) For summen heringe wraththiden, but not alle
thei that wenten out of Egipt bi Moises.
- Counterfeit Versions
- (NIV) Who were they who heard and rebelled? Were they not all those
Moses led out of Egypt?
- (NASV) For who provoked Him when they had heard? Indeed, did not all
those who came out of Egypt led by Moses?
- (NLT) And who was it who rebelled against God, even though they heard
his voice? Wasn’t it the people Moses led out of Egypt?
- (ESV) For who were those who heard and yet rebelled? Was it not all
those who left Egypt led by Moses?
- (CEV) Who were those people that heard God's voice and rebelled? Weren't
they the same ones that came out of Egypt with Moses?
- (NKJV) For who, having heard, rebelled? Indeed, was it not
all who came out of Egypt, led by Moses?
- (1901 ASV) For who, when they heard, did provoke? nay, did not all they
that came out of Egypt by Moses?
- (NLV) Who heard God's voice and turned against Him? Did not all those
who were led out of the country of Egypt by Moses?
- (HCSB) For who heard and rebelled? Wasn't it really all who came out of
Egypt under Moses?
- (NCV) Who heard God's voice and was against him? It was all those people
Moses led out of Egypt.
- (RSV) Who were they that heard and yet were rebellious? Was it not all
those who left Egypt under the leadership of Moses?
- (NAB-Roman Catholic) Who were those who rebelled when they heard? Was it
not all those who came out of Egypt under Moses?
- (NWT-Jehovah’s Witnesses) For who were they that heard and yet provoked
to bitter anger? Did not, in fact, all do so who went out of Egypt under
- Textus Receptus
- Traditional Text