- BORN AGAIN
- Now that you have become saved, you should know a
little about what the biblical saying 'born again" means. We hear the world use that
term when someone begins a new chapter in their life, like a drug addict or drunkard who
has been freed from their substance. The world states that they have been given a new
lease on life or they have been born again.
- As a new Christian I want to make sure that you
understand what it means to be "born again." First of all, let me state that
being born again in its truest sense is only applicable to the true Christian. No one can
become born again unless God does it. The phrase may also be translated "born from
above," because this is the Greek rendering assuring us that no one can become born
again apart from Christ. Let us now briefly look at what the Bible has to say about this
- What is Born Again?
- 1.Spiritual Resurrection - Ephesians 2:1
- As unbelievers we were once spiritually dead toward
the things of God. We had physical life but not spiritual life. We could not understand
spiritual things. So when we were saved, our dead spirits were resurrected to life by
means of the indwelling Holy Spirit. (Luke 15:24; Romans 8:11; 1 Corinthians 2:14)
- 2. The Exchanged Life - Ezekiel 36:25-28
- Now that we are living a spiritual life which is
alive unto God, we will want to exchange the old habits and sins for the newness of a life
that is pleasing to God. We will have the desire to be obedient to God. (Ephesians
- Where did it take Place?
- It took place in your spirit. (John 1:12-13) As you
can see you still have your existing body parts, they don't glow or didn't change colors.
You, like me, still have the same aches and pains. So it is obvious our fleshly bodies
were not born again but only our spirit was. The reason that you and I may live a Godly
life is because the flesh is to obey the spirit. God gave us the Holy Spirit to indwell us
and impart to us the power that is needed to overcome sinful flesh.
- Why is it Essential?
- 1. Man is under condemnation for sin - John 3:18, 36
- 2. Man is helpless and cannot save himself -
Ephesians 2:4-5, 11-12
- 3. So man may properly worship God - John 4:23-24
(Lydia - Acts 16:14
- 4. Man cannot inherit heaven on his own - Matthew
7:21-23; Romans 3:20; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-5
- 5. To be able to accomplish true good works -
Ephesians 2:10 (compare to Proverbs 21:27) - True good works are only done by
- 6. To become the true children of God - Romans
- Once I am saved, Can I ever lose my Salvation?
- The answer is no because you did nothing to earn it
so you can do nothing to lose it. Here are four reasons why you can't lose your salvation:
- 1. Eternal life is a gift - Romans 6;23
- 2. God does not recall His gifts - Romans 11:29
- 3. The Holy Spirit has sealed us till the day of our
redemption, which is either our physical death or the return of Christ on the last day.
- 4. Eternal life begins at the moment of salvation,
not our death. (1 John 5:11-13) If eternal life can be lost, then it is not eternal but
- There are many other reasons found in Scripture why
you cannot lose your salvation and you will come across them as you read and study your
Bible. There are many who teach you can lose your salvation and this is because they do
not understand God's salvation plan. The loss of salvation is contrary to the Bible and
should not be heeded. Those who teach it are living in a works for salvation gospel and if
they are, then it is obvious they are unsaved also. Grace and Grace Alone!