Christian love is a stable tenet of salvation. Christian love is also a tough entity
because unlike emotional love, it buys us more enemies than friends. In your love
and desire to see people become saved, how many unbelievers cheer you on and are happy you
are telling them they are on their way to hell? It was the love of souls that made many
martyrs by ancient Rome and the Roman Catholic Institution. Christian love is an
unrelenting force which drives us on to continue to do the work the Lord has assigned to
us. Rejection by individuals has no effect on that love, instead it fortifies our
desires to see these souls become redeemed. This is why the Lord Jesus tells us to love
our enemies because He has given us the power to do so through the Holy Spirit. (Luke
6:27 KJV) But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate
you, Dont think politically when you think of enemies because your enemies are
every single unsaved soul. Even those unsaved people in your church are your enemies.
If it wasnt for the divine gift of Christian love to motivate us, we might never
decide to get involved with ministry. Thank God for giving love, because someone risked it
by telling you about the Gospel.
- Christian love is bestowed upon Christians
- (Gal 5:22 KJV) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering,
gentleness, goodness, faith,
- Christian love seeks the equal good of others
- (Gal 5:14 KJV) For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love
thy neighbour as thyself.
- Christian love contains mercy
- (Eph 2:4 KJV) But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
- Christian love gives a Christian the ability to endure
- (Eph 4:2 KJV) With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one
another in love;
- Christian love demands that we bring truth
- (Eph 4:15 KJV) But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which
is the head, even Christ:
- Christian love is a sacrificing love
- (Eph 5:2 KJV) And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for
us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
- Christian love is a daily motivating element
- (Phil 1:9 KJV) And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge
and in all judgment;
- Christian love is Binding
- (Col 2:2 KJV) That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love,
and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgment of the
mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;
- Christian love protects and aids the emotions
- (1 Th 5:8 KJV) But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of
faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
- Christian love creates soundness in the believer
- (2 Tim 1:13 KJV) Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in
faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
- Christian love is a labor
- (Heb 6:10 KJV) For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love,
which ye have showed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do
- Christian love is keeping the Word of God
- (1 John 2:5 KJV) But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected:
hereby know we that we are in him
- Christian love is action oriented
- (1 John 3:18 KJV) My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in
deed and in truth.
- Christian love overrides and displaces fear
- (1 John 4:18 KJV) There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because
fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
- Christian love is a testimony of our relationship to God
- (1 John 5:2 KJV) By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and
keep his commandments.
- Christian love is walking according to the commandments of God
- (2 John 1:6 KJV) And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the
commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.